Nieuwe chat! Zie dit topic.

Basic information on diagnosis and such

Your knowledge of the Dutch language is a bit rusty or non existent, and Google Translate doesn't cut it for you?
Vethrvolnir
Voornaamwoorden: hij/hem

Re: Basic information on diagnosis and such

Bericht door Vethrvolnir »

hi if you need help with translations i am willing to assist.

A friend of mine who is american has started his transition with T Cendent this month. T cendent is apparently able to do things in English. But T Cendent does require you to take care of a lot of things yourself and a health insurance policy of the restitutie polis type is an absolute requirement when transitioning through them.
:shock:
redfred

Bericht door redfred »

Thank you so much everyone, thanks again Annabel and Nate_0, thanks Irene_de_Vreede.

At first I was thinking of changing my gender in my country of nationality, but the conditions are way too hard there, like you have to become infertile by surgically removing all your reproductive-related organs, you mustn’t be married, can’t have a child, etc. If you’re already married you have to get divorced, if you already have children there’s no way until the children grow up to a certain age and fulfil some other conditions.
I’m not married yet and have no children but these conditions are still very hard.
So I gave up doing it there and decided to get another citizenship and change my gender here.
(That’s not the only reason I immigrated to NL, I really liked living in here for many reasons :) )

So the first thing will be.. yup I’ll need a referral from my GP to visit a gender clinic and get diagnosed anyway, to get the deskundigenverklaring by the genderteam..
I’ve already been here for more than a year but I should have started earlier, considering the waitlists and things :?

I’ll definitely look for these entries by Ender and other foreign-born people here!
redfred

Bericht door redfred »

Thanks Vethrvolnir!
I’ve never heard of T Cendent, I'll add them to my options list!
and yes thanks for pointing out, I’ll have to be careful about my insurance too.. I didn’t know that you can only change your policy at the end of each year :shock:
Irene_de_Vreede
Voornaamwoorden: Zij/haar

Bericht door Irene_de_Vreede »

Well, do be aware that you do need the co-operation of the country where you were born, because there it is that they have to change your birth certificate.
Irene
redfred

Bericht door redfred »

Thanks again, Irene_de_Vreede, about the birth certificate in my home country there’s no need to care.
They don’t allow dual citizenships, so once I get a Dutch citizenship I’ll automatically lose the citizenship there.. they’ll just delete my registration whatever my gender becomes.
Anyway changing my gender in NL won’t make them change anything in my home country, unless I fulfil all the conditions they require (infertility, not married, no children etc). So I would rather lose the citizenship :D
Irene_de_Vreede
Voornaamwoorden: Zij/haar

Bericht door Irene_de_Vreede »

I don't think becoming Dutch and giving up the citizenship does change the subject a lot, but I'm not an expert in this field.
Irene
Nate_0

Bericht door Nate_0 »

Yeah, there's a difference in birth certificate vs registration of citizenship. For example, Dutch people first have to go change their name and gender on their birth certificate before it is changed in their personal registration (basisregistratie personen/BRP). The latter is done in the municipality you currently live, and also the information used to get your passport etc.

This is also why Irene brings up the birth certificate. So although you might not be able to change that, you should be able to change your name and gender as they are presented on your passport, so in the BRP. This is my interpretation however, and it would be best to confirm this with the official channels.

Additionally, the site from the Hague indicates that this can be done if you're a Dutch citizen OR if you've lived here legally for the past 12 months. I'm not sure how that factors in with changing your name/gender on legal documents like passports but that is probably something to figure out as well.
meerdere zakken met zaagsel
redfred

Bericht door redfred »

Thank you again, I really appreciate your help.
Yes I need to search more and make sure about the Dutch system.

No worry about it in my country of nationality, there’s no “birth certificate” in the first place. We’re all registered in a certain family, for example I belong to my father’s, and my father belongs to the nation, so everyone under him has the citizenship. Yes, a stubborn patriarchal country ;)
The family registration is pretty much the same thing as the citizenship, and it also works as the birth certificate.
If someone gets married to a foreign national, the spouse can’t be registered in the family unless they get the citizenship, instead they’ll be written in there like a sidenote.
This family registration certifies everything including your name, sex, birth, marriage, divorce, adoption, etc., so once you lose the citizenship you’ll be removed from the family, and something equivalent to your “birth certificate” will be gone as well.
not sure if you can remain there as a sidenote, but it doesn’t matter because it’s just a sidenote and doesn’t certify anything anymore.

Someone I know got a citizenship and changed his gender from F to M in Canada, and lost his citizenship at the same time. He had been registered as female and just deleted with no change, so they only have an invalidated record of a woman who left to become a foreign national.

If I could change my gender before I get a Dutch citizenship, it won’t change my passport gender which was issued by my home country. So either way changing my gender and getting a citizenship are inseparable for me :)
Brownie

Bericht door Brownie »

if you need the deskundigenverklaring for this, here is the list of those who can write it for you:
https://www.bigregister.nl/registratie/ ... ansgenders
redfred

Bericht door redfred »

Thanks Brownie!
Yes I'll need the deskundigenverklaring either way. will definitely check it, thanks!