Dr. V. Loenen / Operatie centrum Amstelveen- How was your experience?

Ervaringen met zorgverleners
Forumregels
Forum voor ervaringen met zorgverleners. Hou het netjes, en ter zake. De transgenderzorg is stuk, dat weten we allemaal, dat hoef je hier niet meer te melden.

Verder: ongeremd ophemelen of afbranden is niet toegestaan.

LET OP: dit forum is vanwege het maatschappelijk belang openbaar. Let dus op met privégegevens. Wil je niet onder eigen naam posten, dan kan dat in overleg met het forumbeheer. We zullen je post dan anonimiseren.
Jan93

Dr. V. Loenen / Operatie centrum Amstelveen- How was your experience?

Bericht door Jan93 »

Hello 👋

I have double incision mastectomy revision with Dr . Van Loenen at Operatie Centrum Amstelveen(clinic Amstelveen) at 15th of February.

My first operation was donut method 8 years ago and there is some extra skin tissue in years like fat.
That’s why I will get double incision.

Is there anyone here have experience with same problem?

Have you been in last 6 months at Operatie Centrum Amstelveen? If yes, please can you send me message to share your experience?

I wonder something about it.

Because Assistant of the doctor told me that I should go alone Because of Covid and after operation discharge from clinic at the same day . I wonder that Can you walk normal after operation ? Or You can’t ? You have to be in private car/taxi to go your home? Or you can also use bus/tram?
I live in Amsterdam near centrum, Clinic recommended to me to go home after operation and come back next day to remove drains.

My question something like this, please I need to know your experience.

Thank you in advance for your help
Hielke

Re: Dr. V. Loenen / Operatie centrum Amstelveen- How was your experience?

Bericht door Hielke »

Dear Jan93, I have had no problem walking etc after this operation.
It is however important not to lift your arms.
So I wouldn't take a bus or tram for you're likely to have difficulty holding on to your seat etc, especially during a bumpy ride.

My main tip:
You'll probably have very long drains (1,5 m?) with relatively big bottles (500ml?) on the end.
So bring some very roomy clothes and a long belt or long thin scarve or something for tying the drain bottles to your stomach (seriously!) You'll look like you have an enormous beer belly ;) but will be able to move around normally.

Good luck to you! For me the whole operation and recovery was a complete piece of cake, so I wish you the same.
Sep 2019 Start Testosteron
Juni 2020 Mastectomie
Juni 2022 Colpectomie, Hysterectomie, Ovariectomie
Hielke

Bericht door Hielke »

And bring a pillow to protect your chest and drains from the safety belt in the car/taxi (but they probably already told you this).
Juni 2020 Mastectomie
Jan93

Bericht door Jan93 »

Hielke schreef: 29 jan 2021, 21:07 And bring a pillow to protect your chest and drains from the safety belt in the car/taxi (but they probably already told you this).

Thank you so much for all information. I really appreciate you helping me.

May I ask you that If operation will start at 11 AM and If it will take around 1-2 hour . After finish operation, how is the process?
How many hours I’ll stay in the clinic totally If everything fine?
After how many hours they let us to go home (discharge)?

Thank you
Hielke

Bericht door Hielke »

You are very welcome! :)

I have no idea how long I slept after the operation, so I don't know how long I've been at the Operatie Centrum after the operation, but it can't have been more then a couple of hours.
After you wake up you'll get a light snack. If after that you still feel ok you can go home.
Juni 2020 Mastectomie
Jan93

Bericht door Jan93 »

Hielke schreef: 29 jan 2021, 21:29 You are very welcome! :)

I have no idea how long I slept after the operation, so I don't know how long I've been at the Operatie Centrum after the operation, but it can't have been more then a couple of hours.
After you wake up you'll get a light snack. If after that you still feel ok you can go home.
Thanks you again 👋
Jan93

Bericht door Jan93 »

Jan93 schreef: 29 jan 2021, 21:34
Hielke schreef: 29 jan 2021, 21:29 You are very welcome! :)

Thank you again 👋
AydenS

Bericht door AydenS »

I had surgery there nov 30th. I had to go n alkne, but everyone is very friendly and welcoming. I was in at 9 o'clock, got my prescriptions and got to walk up to the recoveryroom. Got undressed, prepped and walked to the operating room at 9.15. Woke up at about 12 o'clock and went to the hotel at 13.30. It was all very quick. 👍 congrats on your surgerydate. You're in good hands!
AydenS

Bericht door AydenS »

*go in alone
Jan93

Bericht door Jan93 »

AydenS schreef: 29 jan 2021, 22:36 I had surgery there nov 30th. I had to go n alkne, but everyone is very friendly and welcoming. I was in at 9 o'clock, got my prescriptions and got to walk up to the recoveryroom. Got undressed, prepped and walked to the operating room at 9.15. Woke up at about 12 o'clock and went to the hotel at 13.30. It was all very quick. 👍 congrats on your surgerydate. You're in good hands!
Hello
Thank you for your comment.

May I ask you that Which hotel did you stay and how you go to hotel?
Plaats reactie