Nieuwe chat! Zie dit topic.

I want to Social transition before hormones, but parents.

"Transgerelateerde" issues in werk, studie, uitgaan, en zo voort
Think-a-girl1808

I want to Social transition before hormones, but parents.

Bericht door Think-a-girl1808 »

Hi im Nicky, 21 year old transwoman and i want to Social transitioning in the coming year, but whats holding me back are my parents. My parents are in there own process of accepting im transgender and are supportive, but not very involved. They are convinced that you need to Social transitioning after hormones, they are saying thing like: i dont see you as a girl right now, you are not going to dress as a girl and wear make-up now, right?, Etc, etc. Im scared to be honest with them about buying make-up, clothes, my plans, etc. Because of how they are going to react.

I told my mom today that im looking for products to hide my beard shadow after shaving and she looked at me as if i grown a second head. I dont know what to do anymore! Im daily struggling my genderdysphoria and i dont really know if i can take it to live like a man for a entire year still. And i really want them to be a part of all this, but i dont know anymore. I have been trying for months to respect that they need time to put everything together and come to terms with everything, but i feel like i cant keep waiting, because they are not ready. And i love them with all my heart and i wouldnt know what to do without them, but more and more it starts to feel like im drowning.

Im sorry that im putting so much bagage on this site, but i could really use advice.
Emma
Beheerder
Voornaamwoorden: Zij/haar

Re: I want to Social transition before hormones, but parents.

Bericht door Emma »

Waarom opeens in het Engels?
Nothing you can do, but you can learn how to be you in time.
It's easy

สวัสดีค่ะ

Emma: I am me

@[email protected]
Frederieke
Voornaamwoorden: zij/haar

Bericht door Frederieke »

Yes, that's kind of weird, since you answered other posts in Dutch. Anyway, if you'd like us to respond in English, then that's fine also. With me, at least.

But honestly, the best advice I can give you is: BE YOURSELF.

I've lived in self-denial for 48 years, and although I've had a happy life, my life would have been much happier if I'd acknowledged and discussed my problems sooner. These days, when I tell people about my transition, I usually start with: "For some things, there is never a good moment". But that doesn't stop me from looking for it anyway. And telling people. Because that's the only way. And believe me, when you're honest, people will accept it.

I'm really active in our local church community, and many people seem to think that Christians hate trans persons. But that's a lie, at least in my experience. They accept and respect me for who I am.

And I sincerely hope that you will experience the same in your life.

Kind regards and best wishes, Frederieke.
Emma
Beheerder
Voornaamwoorden: Zij/haar

Bericht door Emma »

Nog steeds, waarom in het Engels? Er geldt hier de afspraak dat we buiten het T-English subforum in het Nederlands antwoorden.
Nothing you can do, but you can learn how to be you in time.
It's easy

สวัสดีค่ะ

Emma: I am me

@[email protected]
Frederieke
Voornaamwoorden: zij/haar

Bericht door Frederieke »

Oeps, daar had ik even niet aan gedacht 😊

Houd ik het gewoon weer lekker in mijn eigen taal: BLIJF JEZELF!