Ingezonden brief aan Brian S. Wolfe

Voor alle leuke en minder serieuze zaken in het leven!
Charlotte_C

Ingezonden brief aan Brian S. Wolfe

Bericht door Charlotte_C »

De volgende brief heb ik achtergelaten op de facebook pagina van ID-televisie detective Brian S. Wolfe over een aflevering die ik vandaag te zien kreeg en die me na aan het hart ging. Ik heb de originele engelse tekst hier staan

Dear Mr. Wolfe,

First of all I would like to say that I have always been a fan of your show ever since it first aired over on this side of the Atlantic. I am writing to you from the Netherlands. Today I happened to see the episode in which you had a transgender woman named Mandy under investigation. At first it seemed as if Mandy was a woman like any other. However, then your investigator found out that she was indeed transgender. The first thing that happened was, for the remainder of the episode, that she kept being referred to as “Male”, “He” and “Dude” by everyone involved. Your investigator, your client and yourself.
In all honesty, I found this really awful and demeaning. Especially given the fact that, she 100 % looked and most of all sounded like the woman she was meant to be. I know how she must have felt, for I myself am currently in her situation, with my transition to start later this year. Despite all the respect I have for you and your great program, I found it shocking and appalling the way things happened.

Although I know that it would require a detour from the regular format of the show, I really feel it would have been better if, for once, you would have contacted Mandy first to get her story. What happened now was that she was basically cornered by your client who just went at her verbally. A little more care wouldn’t have hurt this otherwise great episode.

To finish on a positive note, which are still plenty in numbers, I am really looking forward to seeing new episodes and I wish you luck in both your business and television career.

Regards,

Charlotte

Ik ben normaal niet iemand die snel in de pen klimt om mensen aan te schrijven, maar in dit geval vond ik het toch wel nodig. Enige reactie verwacht ik er van Dhr Wolfe niet op te krijgen, maar dan ben ik het in ieder geval kwijt.

Groetjes,

:hbeat: Charlotte :hbeat:
However far we travel. Wherever we may roam. The center of the circle will always be our home
Stephen

Re: Ingezonden brief aan Brian S. Wolfe

Bericht door Stephen »

:hug2:

Mooi geschreven Charlotte!

Groetjes Alischa
Anon20180311

Bericht door Anon20180311 »

Mooi Lotte (Charlotte) bedankt dat je het deelde :hug2:

Grtz Nick ;)
Hey, pa je kinderen werden groot. En al heb je het nooit geweten,... ik werd u zoon. Liefs Nick .
Hey, ma bedankt dat je me kende en herkende, als je zoon. Veel liefs Nick :hug2: .
82c65d4a

Bericht door 82c65d4a »

Mooie brief, maar, sorry dat ik het zeg, ik vind je veel te aardig. Wolfe zoekt niets anders dan sensatie voor zijn kijkcijfers (=geld) en stampt daarbij over de mensen die hij misbruikt voor zijn eigen financiële (en narcistische?) gewin.